The Rhine-Alpine EGTC Advisory Board brainstorming on “One Corridor – One Strategy 2.0!”
Source: EGTC Rhine-Alpine
On 29 September the first EGTC Advisory Board meeting was held in Duisburg after two years of virtual meetings. It marked the beginning of the renewal of “One Corridor – One Strategy!”. This strategy for the development of the Rhine-Alpine Corridor has been the basis of the activities of the EGTC since its founding in 2015. Reflecting the latest developments on European, national and regional levels in the corridor, the participants brainstormed on necessary aspect to be considered in the new “One Corridor – One Strategy 2.0!”. The groups reflected aspects of
- Resilience and interconnection with the North Sea-Med Corridor
- Smart logistics / Economy
- Sustainable development / Ports and Inland Waterway Transport
- Passenger transport / MaaS
The ideas will feed in the further development of the strategy for the corridor during the next months in a collaborative process designed by the EGTC.
ERFA Press Release on the Revision of Train Drivers Directive
Source: Image by Cheska Poon from Pixabay
The European Rail Freight Association ERFA has released a position paper saying that Revision of Train Drivers Directive needed to reflect reality of rail freight operations. “The revision of the Train Drivers Directive will play an important role in ensuring rail freight can achieve its modal shift objectives. With the closing of the public consultation on the revision of the Directive, it is important that the European Commission adopts an approach which ensures the train driver certification process ensures a high level of safety of operations whilst also introducing greater flexibility and ensuring that language requirements do not become a bottleneck to the good functioning of the European rail freight market.”, it states.
See full press release here: https://events.railtech.com/intelligent-rail-summit-2022/
Join the FENIX 2.0 network!
The FENIX network – European FEderated Network of Information eXchange in LogistiX – moves forward as FENIX 2.0, facilitating the rollout of seamless data sharing in transport & logistics. The FENIX Network project consortium is now in full preparation for its sequel FENIX 2.0, a joint initiative to set and maintain FENIX specifications in order to allow platforms to share data, including cross-border harmonisation and interoperability. FENIX 2.0 is a non-profit organisation being a federative network of platforms. It federates companies, helping them to adapt their IT platforms in order to enable data sharing in the form of digital corridor information systems serving the European logistics community. FENIX 2.0 wants to put futureproof transport and logistics in action:
- Setting up a hands-on association of members.
- Becoming front-row players in cross-border logistics data exchange and standardised data interoperability.
FENIX 2.0 ensures a secure ecosystem of data providers and data consumers for optimal transport decisions within a safe framework to connect plug-and-play systems. It also guarantees trusted peer-to-peer solutions: decentralised, independent, all members have the same rights and obligations, all members keep control of their own platforms.
4 good reasons to join FENIX 2.0:
- Your needs and requirements are the top priority in addressing innovative approaches in transport logistics.
- You can ventilate suggestions, remarks and ideas to legislative authorities to be taken into account for better transport logistics
- You can be a leader and pioneer in speeding up seamless data sharing and stopping the fragmentation and lack of connectivity around ICT-based systems for logistics decision-making.
- You can get help with raising funds for projects and you can count on training and technical support for connectivity: think of technical maintenance of the connectivity framework, standardisation and interoperability support, impact monitoring, certification, and access to the most up-to-date knowledge base.
For more information visit https://fenix-network.eu/fenix-2-0/
27.09.2022 Tracking the EU Commissioners’ commitments – ADINA-IOANA VĂLEAN, Commissioner – Transport / Focus on Urban Mobility: Annual POLIS Conference 2022 / Busy Autumn Season: The Intelligent Rail Summit 2022
19.09.2022 Connecting Europe Facility – EUR 5.12 billion for transport infrastructure projects / Renovation of the rail network in Germany - Frankfurt-Mannheim route to be closed for 6 months in 2024 / Relaunch of steel imports in Genoa via rail